From "Tim Reilly" <tim.rei...@consultant.com>
Subject RE: Suggestion for Maven dependencies
Date Wed, 09 Jun 2004 18:59:34 GMT
Here is the thread on users@maven worth reviewing
http://nagoya.apache.org/eyebrowse/BrowseList?listName=users@maven.apache.or
g&by=thread&from=790023
(Ignore the resource filtering subject, I didn't realize these are archived
using some header and not the subject line.)

I can summarize and say that as it stands it will continue to work. A gui
tool is planned for the future that will help the multiple pom management
issue. Probably best to read the thread.

> Serge Huber [wrote]
>
> >##
> >Prior to a vote, let me ask on the maven-user list if using external
> >entities will be forward compatible with Maven 2, unless anyone already
> >knows?
>
> Yes that sounds reasonable. Do you know what the timeline for Maven 2 is ?

Not sure I'd get an answer as to when, although someone mentioned "m2 is a
ways off",
but that's in the context of the thread above.

Thanks,
-TR