From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: PortletBrowseAction.java
Date Fri, 04 Jun 2004 21:19:26 GMT

On Jun 4, 2004, at 1:53 PM, Dan.Price@equifax.com wrote:

> Should the group in the portlet registry category entry be tied to the
> "Groups"
> associated with users?  Or should the group attribute be another
> filter added to
> the portlet browser, with a drop-down list?  What's the "expected"
> behavior based
> on the design?  Jeremy Ford said:

The "group" concept in categories is not related to the Jetspeed
security concept of "group"
There is no tie between category groups and security groups.
If you feel they should be related, then make a case for it, and create
a JIRA enhancement issue.

Regarding the Portlet Browser, if it doesn't make use of the
Category-Group, then log a bug and we will put in an enhancement