From "Grinshtein, Artem" <Artem.Grinsht...@t-systems.com>
Subject RE: [J2] Menu implementation
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2004 09:06:34 GMT
Hello,

the concept of folders and pages is great!

I'm not sure I completely understand need of a menu decorator and a folder configuration.
I think, menu can be implemented as jetspeed-specific portlet that uses a "PageAndFolderService"
to find Folder elements for current page.
The folder configuration can be obtained from the portlet preferences.

The advantage of this is that we don't mix structure and presentation of folders, we keep
psml simple, it's easy to develop new types of menu (it's ~only~ a portlet), position of the
menu on the page can be changed (using Customizer) and the menu can be configured using edit
mode of the portlet.

Regards
Artem