From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Menu implementation
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2004 21:41:45 GMT

On Jun 18, 2004, at 2:31 PM, Ate Douma wrote:

>>> What I'm still missing is where folder/menu specific configuration is
>>> defined. Things like ordering (I've read JS2-69, but that doesn't
>>> tell
>>> me more), ACL, menu rendering depth.
>>>
>> If you look at the current PSML, ACLs are defined on the page and
>> fragment level
> Yes. I know.
> But I still don't know where to specify an ACL on a subfolder, or in
> which
> order I want my pages / subfolders be displayed in a menu (other than
> alphabetically).

A subfolder is just a page (PSML) right?
So the ACL is on the page in its respective PSML file

For ordering, you need some metadata on the top level page

> And, menu rendering depth probably will be the same for all pages
> within
> a folder (and even pages within subfolders thereof).
> Seems kinda strange to have to define this on each and every page.

I think I misunderstand this. Wouldn't the menu for a page only have
the menu-items from the immediate subpages (by default) below it?
The user could then add or remove(disable) as needed

> Menus based on folder navigation really are somewhat 'above' pages and
> even
> folders.
> I don't want to update all of them just to increase/decrease the depth.

Im sorry but I don't understand what you are saying here

>>> Menu rendering depth could be hard coded and/or configured within
>>> the layout
>>> decoration but that would make it hard to modify through an
>>> Customizer.
>>>
>> Why not have menu metadata in the PSML?
> See above why that may not be so nice...

You lost me again. Do you mean immediately above?
The whole point of PSML is that has a model that can be customized.
When you customize, you manipulate PSML