portals-jetspeed-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [J2] Using FileSystem PAM from web app class loader
Date Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:59:03 GMT
Updated again and now it works!
Great job. Seems we are up and running again on cvs head.

I don't know how it is with jdk < 1.4.2_02 though. Serge?

Ate Douma wrote:

> 
> 
> Scott T Weaver wrote:
> 
>> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 13:46, Serge Huber wrote:
>>
>>> Found my problem !!
>>>
>>> It's amazing, but it actually explains why the problem was not 
>>> happening to everybody. It's a problem that only exists with JDK 
>>> 1.4.2_01 and earlier. It seems that in JDK 1.4.2_02 the 
>>> implementation of classloading for the factory has changed. Before 
>>> _02 they used the System class loader, whereas in _02 and later if 
>>> the class is not found in the system class loader, it then tries in 
>>> the Thread class loader.
>>
>>
>>
>> I am using 1.4.2_04-b05 on Mandrake Linux and have the same problem you
>> and Ate were having.  Hmm, maybe they forgot to fix the Linux dist!
>>
>>
>>> For more details go to :
>>>
>>> http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4788410
>>>
>>> To confirm I upgraded to JDK 1.4.2_04 and I now have the preference 
>>> factory loading fine.
>>>
>>> Now this begs the question : do we want J2 to require JDK 1.4.2_02 or 
>>> later or do we need to change the pref api implementation to be more 
>>> portable ?
> 
> As I reported I had the problem with JDK 1.4.2_04 so it seems
> it is *not* fixed from 1.4.2_4.
> 
> I did a quick update to get Scotts fix and tried to build again.
> Now I get a test failure in o.a.j.engine.TestEngine.
> I'm sorry but I have a meeting now so I can't help out for the next few 
> hours...
> 
> TEST-org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.txt:
> 
> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Time elapsed: 2.484 sec
> 
> ------------- Standard Output ---------------
>  INFO: Jetspeed environment attempting to initialize portal Engine...
> JNDI System Property flag null
> cn=org.nanocontainer.script.groovy.GroovyContainerBuilder
> [org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl] ERROR: 
> Naming Exception while looking up DataSource (java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
> comp is not a subcontext
> [org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl] ERROR: 
> PersistenceBrokerException during the execution of the query: Used 
> ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection
> Used ConnectionManager instance could not obtain a connection
> ------------- ---------------- ---------------
> ------------- Standard Error -----------------
> javax.naming.NotContextException: comp is not a subcontext
>     at tyrex.naming.EnvContext.internalLookup(Unknown Source)
>     at tyrex.naming.EnvContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at tyrex.naming.java.JavaContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDataSource(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(Unknown Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.RsIteratorFactoryImpl.createRsIterator(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getRsIteratorFromQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getIteratorFromQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.persistence.store.ojb.pb.PBStore.getObjectByQuery(PBStore.java:224) 
> 
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
> 
>     at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
> 
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.ImplementationHidingComponentAdapter$DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(ImplementationHidingComponentAdapter.java:92) 
> 
>     at $Proxy0.getObjectByQuery(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
> 
>     at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
> 
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.adapters.AbstractDelegationStrategy.invoke(AbstractDelegationStrategy.java:66) 
> 
>     at $Proxy0.getObjectByQuery(Unknown Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.getNode(PreferencesImpl.java:228) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.createPrefNode(PreferencesImpl.java:164) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.<init>(PreferencesImpl.java:113) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.<clinit>(PreferencesImpl.java:90) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl.systemRoot(PreferencesFactoryImpl.java:37) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProviderImpl.java:108) 
> 
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:292) 
> 
>     at 
> org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContainer(LifecycleContainerBuilder.java:28) 
> 
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.java:76) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.java:337) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:140)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.setUp(TestEngine.java:70)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:536) 
> 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.PersistenceBrokerException: Used ConnectionManager 
> instance could not obtain a connection
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.StatementManager.getPreparedStatement(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.JdbcAccessImpl.executeQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsQueryObject.performQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.RsIterator.<init>(Unknown Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.RsIteratorFactoryImpl.createRsIterator(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getRsIteratorFromQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getIteratorFromQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.PersistenceBrokerImpl.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.core.DelegatingPersistenceBroker.getObjectByQuery(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.persistence.store.ojb.pb.PBStore.getObjectByQuery(PBStore.java:224) 
> 
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
> 
>     at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
> 
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.ImplementationHidingComponentAdapter$DelegatingInvocationHandler.invoke(ImplementationHidingComponentAdapter.java:92) 
> 
>     at $Proxy0.getObjectByQuery(Unknown Source)
>     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
>     at 
> sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39) 
> 
>     at 
> sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) 
> 
>     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.adapters.AbstractDelegationStrategy.invoke(AbstractDelegationStrategy.java:66) 
> 
>     at $Proxy0.getObjectByQuery(Unknown Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.getNode(PreferencesImpl.java:228) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.createPrefNode(PreferencesImpl.java:164) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.<init>(PreferencesImpl.java:113) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesImpl.<clinit>(PreferencesImpl.java:90) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl.systemRoot(PreferencesFactoryImpl.java:37) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProviderImpl.java:108) 
> 
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:292) 
> 
>     at 
> org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContainer(LifecycleContainerBuilder.java:28) 
> 
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.java:76) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.java:337) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:140)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.setUp(TestEngine.java:70)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:536) 
> 
> Caused by: org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.LookupException: Naming 
> Exception while looking up DataSource (java:comp/env/jdbc/jetspeed)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.newConnectionFromDataSource(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionFactoryAbstractImpl.lookupConnection(Unknown 
> Source)
>     at 
> org.apache.ojb.broker.accesslayer.ConnectionManagerImpl.getConnection(Unknown 
> Source)
>     ... 47 more
> Caused by: javax.naming.NotContextException: comp is not a subcontext
>     at tyrex.naming.EnvContext.internalLookup(Unknown Source)
>     at tyrex.naming.EnvContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at tyrex.naming.java.JavaContext.lookup(Unknown Source)
>     at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:347)
>     ... 50 more
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize prefs api.  
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProviderImpl.java:114) 
> 
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:292) 
> 
>     at 
> org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContainer(LifecycleContainerBuilder.java:28) 
> 
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.java:76) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.java:337) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:140)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.setUp(TestEngine.java:70)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:536) 
> 
> org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed Initialization 
> exception!
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:166)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.setUp(TestEngine.java:70)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
>     at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
>     at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
>     at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.run(JUnitTestRunner.java:325) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.optional.junit.JUnitTestRunner.main(JUnitTestRunner.java:536) 
> 
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize prefs api.  
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProviderImpl.java:114) 
> 
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:292) 
> 
>     at 
> org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContainer(LifecycleContainerBuilder.java:28) 
> 
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.java:76) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.java:337) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:140)
>     ... 11 more
> ------------- ---------------- ---------------
> Testcase: testEngine(org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine):    Caused 
> an ERROR
> Unable to create Engine
> org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Unable to create Engine
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:70)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.engine.TestEngine.setUp(TestEngine.java:70)
> Caused by: org.apache.jetspeed.exception.JetspeedException: Jetspeed 
> Initialization exception!
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:166)
>     at org.apache.jetspeed.Jetspeed.createEngine(Jetspeed.java:60)
>     ... 10 more
> Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to initialize prefs api.  
> java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesProviderImpl.start(PreferencesProviderImpl.java:114) 
> 
>     at 
> org.picocontainer.defaults.DefaultPicoContainer.start(DefaultPicoContainer.java:292) 
> 
>     at 
> org.nanocontainer.integrationkit.LifecycleContainerBuilder.buildContainer(LifecycleContainerBuilder.java:28) 
> 
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:88)
>     at org.nanocontainer.NanoContainer.<init>(NanoContainer.java:59)
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.components.ComponentManager.<init>(ComponentManager.java:76) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.initComponents(JetspeedEngine.java:337) 
> 
>     at 
> org.apache.jetspeed.engine.JetspeedEngine.init(JetspeedEngine.java:140)
>     ... 11 more
> 
> 
> 
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>   Serge Huber.
>>>
>>> At 18:59 21.06.2004, you wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>>> I forgot to mention my environment :
>>>>
>>>> - latest J2 from CVS HEAD, including Ate's properties change
>>>> - Windows XP SP 1
>>>> - Sun JDK 1.4.2_01
>>>> - Tomcat 4.1.30
>>>>
>>>> My guess about this problem is that as the JVM's Preferences impl 
>>>> uses the system class loader (see my previous mail), we cannot 
>>>> access the PreferencesFactoryImpl which is in a child class loader 
>>>> (the webapp's class loader). Now I would love to be able to propose 
>>>> a workaround, but since this seems to be a problem with the JDK's 
>>>> implementation and doesn't offer an alternate way to set a class 
>>>> loader, I'm not sure there are any options...
>>>>
>>>> Anyway, it might also just be my setup. Can somebody reproduce this 
>>>> problem ?
>>>>
>>>> Regards,
>>>>  Serge Huber.
>>>>
>>>> At 18:44 21.06.2004, you wrote:
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>> Scott,
>>>>>
>>>>> I did a complete checkout of J2, then :
>>>>>
>>>>> allClean
>>>>> allBuild
>>>>> quickStart
>>>>>
>>>>> and then started Tomcat, here is the log of what happened :
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Preparing to deploy portlet app "HW_App"
>>>>> INFO: Deploying portlet applicaion WAR demo.war
>>>>> INFO: Portlet application deployment target directory is 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps/HW_App
>>>>> java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences factory 
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at java.util.prefs.Preferences.<clinit>(Preferences.java:204)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.createPrefenceNode(PrefsPreference.java:540) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.<init>(PrefsPreference.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletPreferenceRule.end(PortletPreferenceRule.java:74) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1586)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:146) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortletApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:213) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:346) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:297) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.deploy(FileSystemPAM.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.CatalinaPAM.deploy(CatalinaPAM.java:76) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invoke(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:114) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentEventDispatcher.dispatch(DeploymentEventDispatcher.java:64) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.deployNewArtifacts(FileSystemScanner.java:125) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.run(FileSystemScanner.java:88) 
>>>>>
>>>>> ERROR: Unable to register portlet application, HW_App, through the 
>>>>> portlet registry: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not
>>>>> unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate 
>>>>> Preferences factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.Preferenc
>>>>> esFactoryImpl
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't 
>>>>> instantiate Preferences factory
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:172) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortletApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:213) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:346) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:297) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.deploy(FileSystemPAM.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.CatalinaPAM.deploy(CatalinaPAM.java:76) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invoke(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:114) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentEventDispatcher.dispatch(DeploymentEventDispatcher.java:64) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.deployNewArtifacts(FileSystemScanner.java:125) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.run(FileSystemScanner.java:88) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences 
>>>>> factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImp
>>>>> l
>>>>>        at java.util.prefs.Preferences.<clinit>(Preferences.java:204)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.createPrefenceNode(PrefsPreference.java:540) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.<init>(PrefsPreference.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletPreferenceRule.end(PortletPreferenceRule.java:74) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1586)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:146) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 9 more
>>>>> ERROR: Unexpected exception deploying portlet application: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: 
>>>>> Unable to register portlet applicat
>>>>> ion, HW_App, through the portlet registry: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalE
>>>>> rror: Can't instantiate Preferences factory 
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl attempting 
>>>>> rollback...
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: 
>>>>> Unable to register portlet application, HW_App, through the portlet 
>>>>> registry: org.apache.jetsp
>>>>> eed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: Could not 
>>>>> unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate 
>>>>> Preferences factory java.lang.Class
>>>>> NotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:383) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:297) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.deploy(FileSystemPAM.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.CatalinaPAM.deploy(CatalinaPAM.java:76) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invoke(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:114) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentEventDispatcher.dispatch(DeploymentEventDispatcher.java:64) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.deployNewArtifacts(FileSystemScanner.java:125) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.run(FileSystemScanner.java:88) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't 
>>>>> instantiate Preferen
>>>>> ces factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:172) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortletApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:213) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:346) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 7 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences 
>>>>> factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImp
>>>>> l
>>>>>        at java.util.prefs.Preferences.<clinit>(Preferences.java:204)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.createPrefenceNode(PrefsPreference.java:540) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.<init>(PrefsPreference.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletPreferenceRule.end(PortletPreferenceRule.java:74) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1586)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:146) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 9 more
>>>>> INFO: Exception in deploy. Rollback of application deployment...
>>>>> INFO: Rollback: Remove 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps/HW_App and all 
>>>>> sub-directories.
>>>>> ERROR: org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException: Error 
>>>>> deploying portlet app: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> org.apa
>>>>> che.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Unable 
>>>>> to register portlet application, HW_App, through the portlet 
>>>>> registry: org.apache.jetspeed.too
>>>>> ls.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: Could not unmarshal 
>>>>> portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences 
>>>>> factory java.lang.ClassNotFoun
>>>>> dException: org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentException: Error deploying 
>>>>> portlet app: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jet
>>>>> speed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: Unable to 
>>>>> register portlet application, HW_App, through the portlet registry: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pama
>>>>> nager.PortletApplicationException: Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. 
>>>>> java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences factory 
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundExcept
>>>>> ion: org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invoke(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:128) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.DeploymentEventDispatcher.dispatch(DeploymentEventDispatcher.java:64) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.deployNewArtifacts(FileSystemScanner.java:125) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.fs.FileSystemScanner.run(FileSystemScanner.java:88) 
>>>>>
>>>>> Caused by: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: 
>>>>> Unable to register
>>>>> portlet application, HW_App, through the portlet registry: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. ja
>>>>> va.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences factory 
>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:319) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.deploy(FileSystemPAM.java:89) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.CatalinaPAM.deploy(CatalinaPAM.java:76) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.deployment.impl.DeployPortletAppEventListener.invoke(DeployPortletAppEventListener.java:114) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 3 more
>>>>> Caused by: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.components.portletregistry.RegistryException: 
>>>>> Unable to register portlet application, HW_App, through the portlet 
>>>>> registry: org.a
>>>>> pache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: Could 
>>>>> not unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't 
>>>>> instantiate Preferences factory java
>>>>> .lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:383) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:297) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 6 more
>>>>> Caused by: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.PortletApplicationException: 
>>>>> Could not unmarshal portlet.xml. java.lang.InternalError: Can't 
>>>>> instantiate Preferen
>>>>> ces factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:172) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortletApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:213) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:346) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 7 more
>>>>> Caused by: java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences 
>>>>> factory java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImp
>>>>> l
>>>>>        at java.util.prefs.Preferences.<clinit>(Preferences.java:204)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.createPrefenceNode(PrefsPreference.java:540) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.<init>(PrefsPreference.java:73) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletPreferenceRule.end(PortletPreferenceRule.java:74) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>        at org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown 
>>>>> Source)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1586)
>>>>>        at 
>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:146) 
>>>>>
>>>>>        ... 9 more
>>>>> INFO: Loading portlet application from web archive 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deploy\jetspeed-layouts.war 
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Preparing to deploy portlet app "jetspeed"
>>>>> INFO: jetspeed-layouts.war will be registered as a local portlet 
>>>>> applicaiton.
>>>>> INFO: Portlet application deployment target directory is 
>>>>> jetspeed/jetspeed
>>>>> INFO: Did not load exteneded metadata as it most likely does not 
>>>>> exist.  org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not read 
>>>>> from "jar:file://C:/java/te
>>>>> chnologies/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/jetspeed-layouts.war!/WEB-INF/jetspeed-portlet.xml" 
>>>>> because it is a not a file.
>>>>> INFO: Loading web.xml into memory....
>>>>> INFO: Saving the portlet.xml in the registry...
>>>>> INFO: Committing registry changes...
>>>>> INFO: FileSystem deployment done.
>>>>> INFO: Adding 
>>>>> jar:file://C:/java/technologies/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/jetspeed-layouts.war!/WEB-INF/classes 
>>>>>
>>>>> to class path.
>>>>> INFO: Portlet app "jetspeed" successfuly deployed.
>>>>> INFO: Loading portlet application from web archive 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deploy\pam.war 
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Preparing to deploy portlet app "pam"
>>>>> INFO: Deploying portlet applicaion WAR pam.war
>>>>> INFO: Portlet application deployment target directory is 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps/pam
>>>>> Writing out infused web.xml for pam
>>>>> INFO: Loading web.xml into memory....
>>>>> INFO: Saving the portlet.xml in the registry...
>>>>> INFO: Committing registry changes...
>>>>> INFO: FileSystem deployment done.
>>>>> INFO: Catalina deployment response: OK - Application installTe pour 
>>>>> le chemin de contexte /pam
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Portlet app "pam" successfuly deployed.
>>>>> INFO: Loading portlet application from web archive 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deploy\security.war 
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Preparing to deploy portlet app "security"
>>>>> INFO: Deploying portlet applicaion WAR security.war
>>>>> INFO: Portlet application deployment target directory is 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps/security
>>>>> Writing out infused web.xml for security
>>>>> INFO: Loading web.xml into memory....
>>>>> INFO: Saving the portlet.xml in the registry...
>>>>> INFO: Committing registry changes...
>>>>> INFO: FileSystem deployment done.
>>>>> INFO: Catalina deployment response: OK - Application installTe pour 
>>>>> le chemin de contexte /security
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Portlet app "security" successfuly deployed.
>>>>> INFO: Loading portlet application from web archive 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\deploy\struts-demo.war 
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Preparing to deploy portlet app "struts-demo"
>>>>> INFO: Deploying portlet applicaion WAR struts-demo.war
>>>>> INFO: Portlet application deployment target directory is 
>>>>> C:\java\technologies\jakarta-tomcat\webapps/struts-demo
>>>>> Writing out infused web.xml for struts-demo
>>>>> INFO: Did not load exteneded metadata as it most likely does not 
>>>>> exist.  org.apache.commons.vfs.FileSystemException: Could not read 
>>>>> from "jar:file://C:/java/te
>>>>> chnologies/jakarta-tomcat/webapps/jetspeed/WEB-INF/deploy/struts-demo.war!/WEB-INF/jetspeed-portlet.xml" 
>>>>> because it is a not a file.
>>>>> INFO: Loading web.xml into memory....
>>>>> INFO: Saving the portlet.xml in the registry...
>>>>> INFO: Committing registry changes...
>>>>> INFO: FileSystem deployment done.
>>>>> INFO: Catalina deployment response: OK - Application installTe pour 
>>>>> le chemin de contexte /struts-demo
>>>>>
>>>>> INFO: Portlet app "struts-demo" successfuly deployed.
>>>>>
>>>>> So it seems that even within the J2 webapp there is a problem with 
>>>>> the class loading of the preference factory. What is strange is 
>>>>> that some PAs deployed, but I guess they don't use any preferences ?
>>>>>
>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>  Serge Huber.
>>>>>
>>>>> At 16:43 21.06.2004, you wrote:
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>> Hi Scott,
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Actually I'm calling the FileSystemPAM from my own deployer, 
>>>>>> within Jahia. Maybe I'm missing something in my deployment ? I 
>>>>>> have the jetspeed-prefs*.jar in the WEB-INF/lib directory, along 
>>>>>> with all of J2, and I updated the assembly script a few hours ago.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> I didn't test with auto-deploy, but I could to see if it works 
>>>>>> better.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>  Serge...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> At 16:31 21.06.2004, you wrote:
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Hi Serge,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Is this exception coming from auto-deployment?  Because I am not 
>>>>>>> having
>>>>>>> any issues with deployment.  I made PreferenceProviderImpl 
>>>>>>> Startable so
>>>>>>> this wouldn't happen, maybe this doesn't address all possible 
>>>>>>> scenarios
>>>>>>> though.
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, 2004-06-21 at 10:23, Serge Huber wrote:
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Hi,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I'm having some problem using the FileSystemPAM from within a 
>>>>>>>> web app
>>>>>>>> context (seems to work in the tests, which use the system class 
>>>>>>>> loader).
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Basically I get the following exception :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> java.lang.InternalError: Can't instantiate Preferences factory
>>>>>>>> java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.prefs.impl.PreferencesFactoryImpl
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>> java.util.prefs.Preferences.<clinit>(Preferences.java:204)
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.createPrefenceNode(PrefsPreference.java:540) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.om.preference.impl.PrefsPreference.<init>(PrefsPreference.java:73) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletPreferenceRule.end(PortletPreferenceRule.java:74) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.endElement(Digester.java:1058)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.endElement(Unknown
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanEndElement(Unknown 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl$FragmentContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImpl.scanDocument(Unknown 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.DTDConfiguration.parse(Unknown 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at org.apache.xerces.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown 
>>>>>>>> Source)
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.xerces.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.commons.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1586)
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationDescriptor.createPortletApplication(PortletApplicationDescriptor.java:146) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.util.descriptor.PortletApplicationWar.createPortletApp(PortletApplicationWar.java:213) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.registerApplication(FileSystemPAM.java:346) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.sysDeploy(FileSystemPAM.java:297) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>         at
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> org.apache.jetspeed.tools.pamanager.FileSystemPAM.deploy(FileSystemPAM.java:89) 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> I looked at the JDK's source and found the following code when 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> loading the
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> PreferenceFactory implementation :
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>             factory = (PreferencesFactory)
>>>>>>>>                Class.forName(factoryName, false,
>>>>>>>> ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader()).newInstance();
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> If this means what I think it does, the preference factory may 
>>>>>>>> only be
>>>>>>>> loaded from the root class loader, which means that we would 
>>>>>>>> need to 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> deploy
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> the jetspeed-prefs*.jar into Tomcat's classpath or something.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Is this analysis correct ? If so, how to we get around this ?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>>>   Serge Huber.
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
>>>>>>>> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: 
>>>>>>>> jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> Regards,
>>>>>>> -- 
>>>>>>> ******************************************
>>>>>>> *           Scott T. Weaver              *
>>>>>>> *         <weaver@apache.org>            *
>>>>>>> *     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
>>>>>>> * -------------------------------------- *
>>>>>>> *   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
>>>>>>> *     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
>>>>>>> *                                        *
>>>>>>> * OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
>>>>>>> *     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *
>>>>>>> ******************************************
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> --------------------------------------------------------------------- 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: 
>>>>>>> jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
>>>>>> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
>>>>>>
>>>>>>
>>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
>>>>> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
>>>> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>
>>>
>>> - -- --- -----=[ shuber2 at jahia dot com ]=---- --- -- -
>>> www.jahia.org : A collaborative source CMS and Portal Server
>>>
>>>
>>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
>> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
>> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
>>
>>
>>
>>
> 
> 
> ---------------------------------------------------------------------
> To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
> For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org
> 
> 
> 
> 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: jetspeed-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message