From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [j2] auto deploy stack trace
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:21:07 GMT
You have to give scott/scott the manager role in tomcat-users.xml.
The hotdeploy/undeploy uses Tomcat server/webapps/manager which requires this role:

   http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/manager-howto.html

My tomcat-users.xml:

   <?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
   <tomcat-users>
     <role rolename="manager"/>
     <user username="scott" password="scott" roles="manager"/>
   </tomcat-users>

I've discussed these issues with Scott a few days back already, including making these properties
configurable.
You guys don't read the list? ;-)
See:
   http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-74#action_36039