From Patrick von der Hagen <patr...@wudika.de>
Subject LDAP-support in jetspeed-1 and jetspeed-2
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2004 16:25:22 GMT
Hi all,

I'm currently investigating wheter jetspeed is suitable for an planned
portal-installation but sadly it does not meet our expectations
regarding LDAP-integration. For example jetspeed requires read-ability
on the user-passwords and does not integrate easily with existing
LDAP-resources (and that's exactly the reason anyone might consider
using LDAP in the first place...).

Well, I might be able to invest some time to improve LDAP-support in
jetspeed, but I definitly need some information like wheter other people
are actively working in that area (both regarding jetspeed-1 and
jetspeed-2) and how LDAP-integration is planned for jetspeed-2 (it is
mentioned as a feature).

I'd greatly appreciate any responses.

--
CU,