From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for Maven dependencies
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2004 17:42:45 GMT

On Jun 8, 2004, at 8:14 AM, Serge Huber wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Some of you may know, I am integrating my product with J2, and I was
> looking at automating synchronization between the two projects. One
> thing that is a little repetitive work is updating Maven dependencies,
> as Maven doesn't yet manage them in a transitive way (this is planned
> for Maven 2).

There is now a Jetspeed-2 plugin in development.
You can create a new project template based.
You also start the Hypersonic server, and run the SQL scripts via
jetspeed2 plugin goals.

However we have not addressed the issue of keep an existing project in
sync with J2, keeping up with refactoring.
Perhaps this will become less of an issue when configuration is
encapsulated
However the assembly scripts will always have differences, with
overriding implementations etc
Maybe we should look into a Groovy class, with methods that can be
overridden for example loadAggregator

> What I was wondering is if we could use entity references for
> Jetspeed's dependencies, much in the way it is done in the MevenIDE
> project. Basically what this means is moving all the dependencies into
> a separate XML file, and then referencing it from the project.xml
> file.

I think this is possible. Perhaps the included file would be generated
by the jetspeed2 plugin.

Another problem Im seeing is that we are not referencing the same
versions of dependencies in components
For example, different components have different dependencies on jars
like commons-lang
I think we need to ensure that we use the same jars in all components