From Scott T Weaver <scotts-jetspeed-l...@binary-designs.net>
Subject [J2] Prefs impl does not support adding properties in a transparent way.
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2004 22:43:23 GMT
Why do we have to PropertyManager.addPropertyKeys() to be able to add
properties to a node?  I do no see anywhere in the java.util.Prefs docs
where this a requirement.  Right now this has become a large road block
in converting Portlet preferences to uses our Prefs impl.  I do not want
to manually add allowed properties every time a new value is added to a
portlet preference.

I vote +1 on removing this restriction.

Regards,
*           Scott T. Weaver              *
*         <weaver@apache.org>            *
*     <http://www.einnovation.com>       *
*   Apache Jetspeed Enterprise Portal    *
*     Apache Pluto Portlet Container     *
* OpenEditPro, Website Content Mangement *
*     <http://www.openeditpro.com>       *