From Raphaël Luta <raph...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] Christophe Lombart
Date Sat, 15 May 2004 18:52:16 GMT
Le 15 mai 04, à 19:16, David Sean Taylor a écrit :

> On May 15, 2004, at 4:58 AM, Raphaël Luta wrote:
> [snip]

>>> Would you reconsider if I moved the code into Jetspeed-2's CVS,
>>> where he could work there until the JCMS subproject was created?
>>> As you know, this code originated out of Jetspeed-1 CVS, a while
>>> back. Christophe has been with us all this time, diligently working
>>> on the code.
>>> I believe we have done him a disservice by not nominating him sooner.
>>> The fact that the code has existing outside of Apache for this long
>>> is a mistake on all of our parts.
>>> Im just trying to rectify it by moving it back, and properly
>>> developing the Apache way.
>>>

>> I believe the proper place for JCMS is as its own sub-project. It's
>> probably too big and complex to be considered
>> a simple component of J2 and can possibly be used with other
>> pluto-based portals, so it probably deserves to be
>> a direct Portals sub-project.
>
>>> Otherwise we can wait until the JCMS subproject is created.
>>> Perhaps its just me, but my experiences with incubation and Apache
>>> bureaucracy of late has been a bad one.
>>> I really just want to get on with it, get this situation rectified,
>>> and Im afraid that going through the incubator channels would mean a
>>> delay of months.
>>>

>> I'd be more confortable following the standard incubation process and
>> I'm definitely willing to help you speed it
>> with the Incubator team so that we don't face undue delay.
>>

> I discussed this situation with Noel from incubation.
> JCMS will be going through incubation to become a subproject of
> Portals.

In this case, I propose that we postpone a vote on Christophe until
JCMS is located in the ASF and develops a little
recognition for itself. I'll then be happy to support Christophe as a
jetspeed committer should he still wish to work on
Jetspeed and not concentrate on JCMS.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
Apache Jetspeed - Enterprise Portal in Java