From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [J2] Fixing JS2-56 and JS2-37
Date Sun, 30 May 2004 08:01:33 GMT
The patch to OJB which has been made as solution to JS2-48 (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JS2-48)
removed the
need for large scale refactorings as I proposed in JS2-56.

As I announced, I have been trying to perform these refactoring but without the needed success.
It turned out that, since the previous refactorings, J2 had already changed too much again
to be able to apply my
original patch easily. A lot more packages and common libraries had to be moved to the Tomcat
shared folder as result of
that. Too many to be done quickly and or without proper reconsideration.

So now we have the patched OJB jar with which our current problems seems to be resolved.

I therefore gladly retract my JS2-56 solution. JS2-37 is still very valid though and will
be done another time.
Let's hope we have seen the end of those pesky classloader issues.

Regards,

Ate