From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [JETSPEED 2] More one services
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2004 22:21:03 GMT

On Friday, February 13, 2004, at 07:51  AM, Weaver, Scott wrote:

> A recent project prospect has given me a reason to start looking at
> the Open
> for Business project to develop a solution (something I have be
> wanting to
> do for a while).
>
> I have been playing with it for that last couple of days, and all I
> can say
> is WOW!
>
> Now to the point; OfBiz has its own service architecture and may spur
> some
> ideas relative to the recent SOA/COA discussions.
>
> http://www.ofbiz.org/docs/services.html

 From the service invocation standpoint, it seems very much like
Cornerstone, with dispatchers and late binding parameters.
I like that the service can transparently be a Java or Web Service
(HTTP) binding thru the configuration.
Lots of interesting features.
I believe we should compare it to Cornerstone, with the goal in mind of
making Cornerstone that much better