From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [J2] How to deploy Jetspeed portal as portlet application ?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 16:46:04 GMT

On Monday, December 1, 2003, at 01:09  AM, Luta, Raphael (VUN) wrote:

> I'm currently facing a pretty silly issue:
> I want to deploy a portlet application with the J2 portal WAR
> (for the layout Portlets) but I can't see a currently available
> way to do it !

J2 only supports Portlet Applications outside of the Jetspeed WAR.
I think it would be possible to store PAs under the main Jetspeed WAR.
We have discussed this before and I believe it would be a valuable
feature.

> All pammanager tools assume that we're deploying a different WAR
> and fail on an already deployed WAR.
>
> Does anybody have a suggestion on the best way to proceed ?

For a quick solution I would suggest:

1. Store the 'default' portlet application within the Jetspeed WAR
application structure.
If you simply want to refresh the deployed Jetspeed WAR with changes
made in your /portal directory, type:

maven hotdeploy

2. Create an new portlet application and deploy it with the PAM

For the long term we should look into supporting 1 or more PAs under
the Jetspeed WAR.