From "Barnhill William" <barnhill_will...@bah.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Cornerstone stack overflow
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:17:34 GMT
Hi Jun,

Your welcome, just happy I can start contributing a little instead of
spouting opinions.
FYI, this problem occurred with the zip file version of the sources and
a little further tracking tracked it to
org.apache.cornerstone.framework.api.core.BaseException::getCause

Looking at that method it looked like you could have an infinite loop if
the cause of the original exception was null, so I ...
1) commented out extra code in that method
2) changed it to return super.getCause()
3) re-tested
And no stack overflow

Granted it's a jury rig fix, as I don't know the impact of commenting
out the other code in getCause().
If the impact is a non-issue then do I need to submit a patch for the
<10 line fix to get committed, or is this enough info for a committer to
do a fix?

Btw,  first and last names can be confusing in emails, and my actual
first name is Bill, not Barnhill.
This may be an issue with my client or email server.

Thanks,
Bill Barnhill