From Jun Yang <juny...@cisco.com>
Subject Re: [J2] Cornerstone stack overflow
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 18:02:11 GMT
Hi Barnhill,

Thanks for your diligent work!  My comments are below.  I will also
respond to your next message.

Barnhill William wrote:

> The readme file in the cornerstone sample zip says that the
> StackOverflowError happens sometimes. For me it's happening everytime.
>
> After doing some hunting and fiddling with logging I think I've
> tracked it down to the following msg/location:
>
> 2003-12-02 12:01:25,702 671
> [main@(org.apache.cornerstone.framework.persistence.factory.BasePersistentObjectCollectionFactory.createCollection(BasePersistentObjectCollectionFactory.java:325))]

> ERROR
> org.apache.cornerstone.framework.persistence.factory.BasePersistentObjectCollectionFactory

> - collection type definition missing; use
> 'collection.instance.className' or 'collection.factory.className' or
> 'collection.parent.name'
>
> Has anyone fixed this already?
>
> Does anyone have an idea how to fix this?
>
> Also, will it make a difference right now if I use the version in CVS,
> or the one in the zip archive?

Until further notice, please use the zip file which is the latest and
greatest.  I have seen many CVS messages showing Scott is committing the
content of the zip into CVS.  The difference between the zip version and
the CVS version will be small (such as the CVS version uses Maven to
build vs. just Ant).  After I get a Jarkata account this will be easier
and the CVS version will be the only version we use going forward.

Jun