From "Pernoud Aurelien" <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject RE: PSML stored in BLOB column in Oracle database
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2003 16:28:52 GMT
Well, I was looking for patching village and/or torque, but it is harder than I thought as
in fact the blob column in oracle needs 3 steps when creating (insert null blob, select it
for update, update), 2 when updating (same without nullblob) !!!

see http://otn.oracle.com/sample_code/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/files/advanced/LOBSample/LOBSample.java.html,
this is just awful...

I'm VERY surprised that the jdbc thin driver for oracle isn't handling setbinarystream correctly
for blob, you have to make an explicit call oracle.sql.Blob, which means you have to make
an Oracle specific code :(

Someone told me that blob handling in oracle was weird, I can confirm :)

Aurelien