From "Wakida, Reid M." <REID.M.WAK...@saic.com>
Subject RE: Jetspeed on weblogic
Date Thu, 16 Oct 2003 22:35:33 GMT
Has anyone been able to run Jetspeed 1.4b4 on Weblogic 8.0 (or Weblogic
7.1)?  I couldn't deploy the war file via the console.  Some unknown error
was occurring.  Instead, I deployed the expanded directory in the
user_projects/domain/applications directory.

Upon startup, Weblogic informed me that I had to change the servlet spec
declaration from 2.2 to 2.3 in the web.xml file.  After fixing that,
Weblogic attempted to deploy Jetspeed, and couldn't find the path to
TurbineResource.properties (see stack trace below).  I did some searching
and it has to do with the "null" prepended to the
TurbineResources.properties path.  Someone encountered the same problem when
porting to JBoss
(http://www.mail-archive.com/turbine-user@jakarta.apache.org/msg11717.html).
In short, Turbine is calling "javax.ServletContext.getRealPath()" when
"javax.ServletContext.getResource()" or
"javax.ServletContext.getResourceAsStream()" should be used.

Whew!  Anyway, has anyone encountered this problem, and fixed it?  It sounds
like I have to fix Turbine and rebuild the jar (or possibly move to the new
Turbine version).  I'm going to continue hunting in the Turbine mailing
lists, but I thought I might save some time if someone already fixed this.

Thanks,
Reid

STack trace:

(!) NOTICE: init
(!) NOTICE: ServiceBroker: LoggingService enabled.
(!) NOTICE: Turbine: init() failed:
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationEx
ception: Can't load file null/WEB-INF/conf/TurbineResources.properties
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResourceService.init(Tur
bineResourceService.java:184)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.resources.TurbineResourceService.init(Tur
bineResourceService.java:123)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.initClass(BaseInitable
Broker.java:149)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initService(BaseService
Broker.java:139)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineServices.initPrimaryServices(Turbi
neServices.java:193)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:247)
        at javax.servlet.GenericServlet.init(GenericServlet.java:258)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run(Servl
etStubImpl.java:1070)
        at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Authenticate
dSubject.java:317)
        at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(SecurityManager.java:
97)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet(ServletStubIm
pl.java:893)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances(ServletStub
Impl.java:842)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(ServletStubI
mpl.java:782)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(WebAppS
ervletContext.java:3191)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets(WebApp
ServletContext.java:3136)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources(WebAp
pServletContext.java:3109)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(WebAppServl
etContext.java:5559)
        at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start(WebAppModule.java:853)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start(J2EEApplicationContainer
.java:2012)
        at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate(J2EEApplicationContai
ner.java:2053)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.
activateContainer(SlaveDeployer.java:2558)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit(
SlaveDeployer.java:2483)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit(SlaveDeplo
yer.java:2308)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit(S
laveDeployer.java:2390)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare(SlaveDepl
oyer.java:2302)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare(S
laveDeployer.java:2455)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Sla
veDeployer.java:829)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(SlaveDepl
oyer.java:538)
        at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareUpdate(SlaveDep
loyer.java:496)
        at
weblogic.drs.internal.SlaveCallbackHandler$1.execute(SlaveCallbackHan
dler.java:25)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:178)
        at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:151)