From Ender Hikmet KILIÇOÐLU <en...@kilicoglu.nom.tr>
Subject YNT: thanks for jetspeed-2 cvs and some comments
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2003 14:50:47 GMT
Jaas maybe usefull for authentication but security concept need other logic
to implement like portlet security. I thing security and authentication are
different concepts.
Also I am not a JASS guru :)
Ender

-----Özgün Ileti-----
Kimden: Weaver, Scott [mailto:Sweaver@rippe.com]
Tarih: Friday, August 01, 2003 5:34 PM
Kime: 'Jetspeed Developers List'
Konu: RE: thanks for jetspeed-2 cvs and some comments

We were considering this, have you ever implemented JAAS?  It appears that
there is java environment information that needs to be altered to use JAAS,
which seems a bit outside what we really need to do.  I could be wrong as I
know very little about JAAS.  If you are willing help work on a JAAS
implementation for Jetspeed 2 we would be more than willing to take a look
at it again.

> Compliments to commiters for the mockobjects and the class test.

Thanks, we are trying ;)

> Anglonaweb it's built with a classtest for all classes (eXtreme
> Programming
> school ;-)  )
> and the result it's a code more robust.
> It's a more important that the deveoper of a class write  its test class
> (before to the class),
> if a test it's write by another person the test can not test the really
> work
> of a class.
>
> I suggest use of cruise control to operate a continuous integration , with
> ant script
> the build and the test are launch and a page with a result of build
> (success
> or failed) and
> the result of the test are show.
> In this way  a developer can test immediately if a new integration break a
> build of the entire project.

Maven automatically runs all unit tests and generates test reports in both
text and XML format.  I don't know much about cruise control and I feel that
most of the developers will agree with we when I say we really don't want
learn yet another build tool, at least not right now.  Heck, I barely know
Maven ;)