From "stefano s" <stef196...@hotmail.com>
Subject Problem with portlet
Date Fri, 11 Jul 2003 12:51:26 GMT
Hi List,

first of all, sorry for my english.
I am a newbie of Jetspeed. I have installed Tomcat 4.1.24 and
Jetspeed-1.4-b3 on on Windows XP Home Edition. When it start it works
correctly. Therefore I have created one new portlet following the following
steps:
- I have copied my class under
c:\Tomcat\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes\portal_cl\portlet and after I
have written in portlets.xreg this code:

    <portlet-entry name="HelloWorld" hidden="false" type="instance"
application="false">
            <title>HelloWorld</title>
            <description>Portlet Hello World</description>
        <classname>portal_cl.portlet.HelloWorldPortlet</classname>
        <media-type ref="html"/>
    </portlet-entry>
after i have set the enviroment variable CLASSPATH=:\Tomcat
4.1.24\webapps\jetspeed\WEB-INF\classes.

When I make to start again Jetspeed I have the following error on the
browser:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
                at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.TemplateSessionValidator.doPerform
(TemplateSessionValidator.java:105)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JetspeedSessionValidator.doPerform(JetspeedSessionValidator.java:103)

Then I make to start again Jetspeed and Tomcat and on shell dos I have this
error:

“XML document structures must start and end within the same entity.”

for this files admin.xreg, client.xreg, controllers.xreg, controls.xreg,
demo-portlets.xreg, media.xreg, security.xreg, skins.xreg,
wml-examples.xreg, feed_local.xreg, feed_apache.xreg, portlets.xreg.
and Jetspeed doesn't start.

Moreover when it uses jetspeed the rows portlets.xreg come rewritten and the
code that I have inserted comes cancelled and i don't Know why.

There is someone that can help me?

Thanks in advance and excused for the length of the mail

Stefano