From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Pluto/Jetspeed2 Source?
Date Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:47:14 GMT

On Tuesday, July 29, 2003, at 01:00  AM, Oliver Wehrens wrote:

> Hi,
>
>   I'm a bit confused about Pluto and Jetspeed 2. So there will be
> jar's only for Pluto
> (sometimes I hear about obfuscated jars, sometimes that there will be
> a cvs repository).
> Will this be the reference implementation? Is Jetspeed 2 based on Pluto

Pluto is the RI
It will be distributed in an obfuscated format for a short period of
time.
Pluto will have its own CVS repo at Jakarta. That process hasn't
started yet.
IBM will donate to open source when they feel the code is ready

> or do you plan to implement it yourself that everybody can see the
> sourcecode?

The Jetspeed-2 source code will become available very soon (in a matter
of minutes actually...)

> Or will there be the source for pluto available at some point?
>   Will Jetspeed2/Pluto implement all the features of JSR, what will
> happen
> with all these 'the portletcontainer should...'? I see a lot of
> optinal features in the
> JSR.
>
> We developed a portletframework based on websphere's portal
> 4.1 specification and waiting for the finalized API and reference
> implementation
> (hopefully the jsr will change in some points if it is finalized).
>
> I tried to follow the mailinglist but these questions are still not
> very clear to me.

Sorry for the confusion.
Hopefully now that the Portlet API has gone public, we can discuss
these things normally now

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software