From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject [Enhancement] MVC Portlet Action Life Cycle
Date Fri, 11 Apr 2003 18:35:49 GMT

On Friday, April 11, 2003, at 11:22  AM, bugzilla@apache.org wrote:

> ------- Additional Comments From morciuch@apache.org  2003-04-11 18:22
> -------
>>> Will these portlet-actions have access to the portlet?
>
> I think so. The current MVCPortlet implementation does.

Are you sure?
Thats the first thing I looked for when reviewing the MVC stuff, and it
failed in my tests.
With the old VelocityPortlets, the portlet is available in the
BuildNormalContext, but not in action events.
In my test, I tried to get the portlet in the action event, but no luck
Does this work for you (with JSP perhaps)?

Just realized I committed a portlet yesterday based on the old Velocity
Portlet (deprecated).
I know it maps to MVC, but I need to get in the habit of writing MVC
portlets.
We really need to document the MVC model on the website....

> Looks like we can kill 2 birds with 1 stone: secured portlet actions +
> portlet
> action lifecycle. My vote is to implement this in Beta 5.

Yup, no way we can get this in by Monday!

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software