From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: [OT] Php portal server
Date Mon, 24 Feb 2003 21:40:59 GMT

On Saturday, February 22, 2003, at 08:56  PM, Mingfai Ma wrote:

> hi,
>
> I realize the portal servers or community systems that are written in
> Php
> seem to be more mature. I browsed a few sites powered by Xoops and
> they're
> powerful. And I also know about some good open source php cms.

Cool

> I guess we can copy the features from those php portal, what do you
> think?

Or integrate directly with them.

> And what do you think about why php open source stuff is more mature?
> (assume you think so)

Im not sure if you are writing to someone in particular, but I'd just
like to say that with portlet standardization coming soon, Jetspeed
will soon benefit from working in a standard-based world.
As a committer, I am currently not interested in writing those portlets
at this time. Im more interested in writing a solid engine to drive the
standard portlets first.

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software