From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Removing Sun jars from CVS
Date Tue, 11 Feb 2003 23:32:38 GMT
Santiago Gala wrote:
> sgala@apache.org wrote:
>
>> sgala       2003/02/11 12:10:32
>>
>>   Removed:     lib      jdbc-se2.0.jar
>>   Log:
>>   I actually found that jdbc-se2.0.jar is no longer needed for build.
>>

> I'm currently dealing with mail.jar and jaf.jar

Done as follows:

I've just remove mail.jar from CVS, and changed the build/build.xml to
complain if they are missing from the lib directory.

If you don't want to have to look around again for the mail.jar file,
just move it out of the lib dir, "cvs update lib" and put it back.

> Two questions:
>
> 1.) I'm quite sure it has to be a commons Base64 encoder/decoder, which
> would save the more difficult issues. Anyone knows?

I'll answer myself: org.apache.commons.codec.binary.Base64, in the
commons-sandbox, shortly scheduled for Release.

I don't have time to further remove dependencies for Base64
encoding/decoding today, and I want to remove offending jars today ;-)

I've half cooked the substitution of all the Base64 stuff to use the
commons one.

> 2.) Is QuestoinnaireAction worth being compiled in the default
> distribution? it could be conditionally compiled, if jaf.jar and
> mail.jar are there, and documented for people wanting to use it.

Oops, JLoginUser uses SimpleMail (in turbine) and requires mail.jar for
compilation, looking for javax.mail.MessagingException.

So I moved to an option where mail.jar is needed for compilation. In any
case, if turbine-2 encapsulated the Exception in a TurbineException,
jetspeed would be completely free from the dependency (I think).