From David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject Re: Access Control
Date Thu, 30 Jan 2003 03:54:17 GMT

On Wednesday, January 29, 2003, at 01:06  AM,
kristian.weissmann@pharma.novartis.com wrote:

> Hi honest jetspeed devs!
>

> [Probably this is nothing for the dev-mailing list, but when time is
> short
> one has to brake the rules sometimes!]
>
> I have some problems configuring access control for jetspeed and really
> hope someone can help, :(
>
> - I need to make some tab-panes non editable, e.g.
>
> | MyHome[X] | CustomerInfo | ProjectInfo | SomethingElse |
>
> only the home tab should have the edit button and the others should
> not be
> allowed to be editable.
> The same goes with the edit-button on the right side (where one can add
> new
> panes etc.) - how can I
> disable this button?
>
> - Via the MyHome tab the user can reach user-specific portlets, which
> can
> be
> added, removed, minimized
> etc. as the user likes it. Portlets behind the CustomerInfo and
> ProjectInfo
> are role-based portlets
> which can be included in the user-psml with the psml-reference
> mechanism
> quite nicely. The SomethinElse
> has portlets based on a group. This Pane is accessible by both roles
> (customerInfo, ProjectInfo).
>
> And, some portlets on the SomethingElse pane should not be visible for
> one role (let´s say for the ProjectInfo role). Is this possible?
> I could not manage this with security definitions in security.xreg and
> security references in the psml files...
> Can it be managed elsewhere and if yes where (jsp-template, code) is
> a good starting point for it?
>
> Thanks,
> Kris

Hi

Are you working from the CVS head?
I thought we had security issues worked out with references and
customization finally
To setup a security constraint on a reference PSML, put the constraint
on the highest <portlets> tag for the referenced PSML file.
I thought we had that fixed recently.
If that doesn't work, you can fallback to putting the security
constraint (ref) on the <portlets> set associated with the tab
containing the ref.
If that doesn't work :) send us your PSML and security registry for
review

--
David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software