From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Db psml service - psml id?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 21:40:58 GMT
Glenn,

I just ran a test using Oracle + DBPSML from the cvs head.
Everything worked, and its using sequences.
Steps:

1. change security-schema.xml - replace method="idbroker" with
method="native" (not necessary for dbpsml-schema.xml)
   I hope to resolve this one today. Im looking at the Torque source, and
trying to figure out why "native" fails with Hypersonic.
   If we can get "native" for all dbs, we can remove this remove this step.

2. edit build/torque/build.properties, and build/torque/dbpsml.properties:

### torque.database=hypersonic
database=oracle

3. edit webapp/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties

### torque.database.default.adapter=hypersonic
torque.database.default.adapter=oracle

torque.dsfactory.default.connection.driver = oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.url = jdbc:oracle:thin:@host:1521:sid
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.user =  jetspeed
torque.dsfactory.default.connection.password = xxxxxxxx

4. ant clean compile (regenerating OM and SQL)

5. Run the oracle scripts from the src/sql/external directory (they are
combined scripts that were generated)

turbine-oracle.sql
populate-oracle.sql

6. ant import (make the changes to the JR.p for import service)

7. ant unitttest-security (passes)

8. ant deploy

It ran first time, sequences correctly generating PSML ids

Let me know how it goes for you or if I can be of any help,

David