From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Db psml service - psml id?
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 14:46:26 GMT
David -

I'm working with code from oct 8, before the new version of things.  Does
the idmethod="native" work then, too?  I changed to use this and it didn't
quite work.  Are there some java code changes that need to be made, also?

Here's what I did:

- I changed the \jakarta-jetspeed\build\torque\schema\dbpsml-schema.xml file
to use "native" for idmethod.

- I rebuilt jetspeed (from build directory, "build war")

The new \jakarta-jetspeed\src\sql\dbpsml-schema.sql file has the sequences:
CREATE SEQUENCE JETSPEED_GROUP_PROFILE_SEQ INCREMENT BY 1 START WITH 1
NOMAXVALUE NOCYCLE NOCACHE ORDER;

- I changed the PROFILE fields from "BLOB" to "LONG RAW", and ran the script
to setup my database.

- I rebuild my app and then ran the psml import: it failed as follows for
each psml attempted:

[23 Oct 2002 10:24:47  WARN] -
DatabasePsmlManagerService.createOrSaveDocument: profile:
BaseProfile[user/admin/html/default.psml] tableName: JETSPEED_USER_PROFILE
org.apache.torque.TorqueException: IdGenerator for table
'JETSPEED_USER_PROFILE' is null
	at org.apache.torque.util.BasePeer.doInsert(BasePeer.java:862)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.dbpsml.BaseJetspeedUserProfilePeer.doInsert(BaseJetsp
eedUserProfilePeer.java:189)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.dbpsml.BaseJetspeedUserProfilePeer.doInsert(BaseJetsp
eedUserProfilePeer.java:484)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.dbpsml.JetspeedUserProfilePeer.doInsertOrUpdate(Jetsp
eedUserProfilePeer.java:106)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.om.dbpsml.JetspeedUserProfilePeer.insert(JetspeedUserPro
filePeer.java:66)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.creat
eOrSaveDocument(DatabasePsmlManagerService.java:647)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.creat
eDocument(DatabasePsmlManagerService.java:607)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.CastorPsmlManagerService.export(Cas
torPsmlManagerService.java:1255)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.PsmlImporter.run(PsmlImporter.java:
210)
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.PsmlImporter.main(PsmlImporter.java
:179)

Thanks!

- Glenn