From Aurélien Pernoud <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject Creating new user skips the Login class => bug, enhancement ?
Date Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:39:56 GMT

Hi there,

I've extended the JLoginUser for my needs, but I'm stuck with a little issue
:
When I'm creating a new user (without confirming by email), I directly go to
the portal with defaults portlets, but it doesn't go through the Login
part... So some of my initializing is missing, so portlets have errors. I
have to logout first, and then log in to have portlets get their content.

I see I can modify the CreateNewUserAndConfirm action to perform the login
after, but there's no line allowing to change the default action for
creation in js.pr (did I miss it ???).

Shouldn't the fonctionnement be :
"Create New User" => if no confirm wanted => Login, cause now as I saw in
the source it only does :
(line 207)
                if (!enableMail && !newUserApproval) // (That's my case, and
it's the default case)
                {
                  user.setHasLoggedIn(new Boolean (true));
                  user.setLastLogin(new Date(0));
                }

And this skips the default login that may have been changed.

I'm not quite sure, but I think we could change this with :

                if (!enableMail && !newUserApproval)
                {
                  ActionLoader.getInstance().exec(data,
JetspeedResources.getString("action.login"));
                }

I can't test cause I don't want to change Jetspeed src for my needs, but it
must work.

Thanks for considering request,

Aurélien Pernoud - R&D sous-traitée
Sopra Group