From Aurélien Pernoud <apern...@sopragroup.com>
Subject Portlet GetContent() called twice after an action ... ?
Date Fri, 04 Oct 2002 12:45:29 GMT

Hi there,

I tried migrating my portlets and actions from 1.3a2 to 1.4b1 and I have
troubles.
First, I'm not sure to understand : Should our portlets extend
AbstractPortlet or AbstractPortletInstance ?
Then, what's the right way to define portlets in XREG ? I'm using only one
kind of portlet in my app that get its content from another servlet, with
its parameters. With 1.3a2 I used to make and abstract type of portlets and
then add all the other portlets as 'type="ref"' with its own parameters.

With 1.4b1 I tried the same way, my .xreg got rewritten and always adding
the classname to use but it works. I also tried using the 'type="instance"'
but I still have this issue :

When I get into my action (that extends Turbine Action), then the portlets
are refreshed, which is ok, but they're refreshed twice ! (I traced it to
understand what was happening)

Did anyone notice it too ? Is the migration from 1.3a2 harder than I thought
?

Aurélien Pernoud
Sopra Group