From "Hugh Brien" <hugh.br...@novuscg.com>
Subject RE: ADD/REMOVE tab/entry TO ALL users PSML at once
Date Thu, 17 Oct 2002 14:49:05 GMT
We are working on this right now.  We are going to try the following:

1. We have defined a default Group for each user and save that value in the session.  We have
an business rule that determines default group.
2. We plan on adding functionality that will append the Group's portlets the PortletSet for
the user.
3. It's a simple thing to do it's just finding the right place to put the code. I think it's
actually at the Profile level.  Where the Portlets class is passed to the PortletFactory to
return a PortletSet

r,
Hugh

-----Original Message-----
From: Marian Skalsky [mailto:ms@euromove.sk]
Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 3:56 AM
To: jetspeed-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: ADD/REMOVE tab/entry TO ALL users PSML at once

Hi there!

We have JetSpeed used in our company intranet and I have made a default user XXX and all new
users when created get his psml.
This is fine. But my boss wants to be able to add a TAB in the menu to all users when he decides.
Other way said, he wants to login to his account and then add something.. and this should
appear in every users home (PSML).
Is there a some way how to add something (e.g. TAB item in the menu) to all users PSMLs or
how to share a part of PSML by all users, that may be then changed anytime?
Or how would you solve this?

Any suggestion will be very appreciated.
Thank you.
$kala.

---
Odchádzajúca správa neobsahuje vírusy.
Skontrolované antivírusovým systémom AVG (http://www.grisoft.cz).
Verzia: 6.0.401 / Vírusová databáza: 226 - dátum vydania: 11. 10. 2002