From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Portlet Instances
Date Tue, 06 Aug 2002 16:39:15 GMT
Portlets are not thrown away after aggregation.
Portlets remain in memory for as long as they are configured to.
The part that could be optimized is the creation of the transient portlet
sets (and now wrappers) with every request....

A portlet instance is the runtime view of a portlet with its set of
configuration and customization attributes. This runtime pair (the portlet
object and attributes - from the psml page and configuration) define an
instance.