From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: turbine-2.2-b3
Date Fri, 23 Aug 2002 14:36:32 GMT

Its a transition to a different security model. Portals have different
requirements for security models, and they seem to differ with every
installation.
We didn't want to be tied into one security model (Turbine), so we decoupled
and removed it, and refactored the security model and moved towards a more
pluggable solution.

http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/security.html

For the Turbine implementation, all the OM classes are now generated by
Torque, which makes it much easier to modify the object model.
For example the default Authentication service does use the 'Turbine'-like
model, but the default Authorization service does not.