From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: PATCH:Allows a Portlet's Title to be Cusomized thorugh it's P ortl etInstance.
Date Tue, 09 Jul 2002 20:47:27 GMT
Paul,

> I though this functionality was already in AbstractPortlet.getTitle().

>From what I have seen today with the most current CVS Head, AbstractPortlet.getTitle()
seems to always return the meta-info title that is in the registry not in the profile's PSML
(if there is one).  Also, setTitle() appears to do nothing at all.

I think the only point where AbstractPortlet actually interacts with the individual entries
as opposed to the registry is via AbstractPortlet.getAttribute(), setAttribute() and it does
this through the PortletInstance.  Other than that I don't think AbstractPortlet interacts
with the PSML Entries.

>From what I have gathered so far, AbstractPortlet does most of it's magic through the
PortletConfig object which I have a feelin' (I'm only guessing) is built from the information
in the registry and not from the current PSML Entry for that portlet.  This is where it gets
the value for "title" from.

The patch allows me to end up with something like this in my default.psml:

<portlet>
 <entry id="P-eeeb7c3107-10018" parent="WebsiteFavorites">
  <metainfo>
   <title>Favorite Websites</title>
  </metainfo>
  <layout position="-1" size="-1">
   <property name="column" value="0"/>
   <property name="row" value="1"/>
  </layout>
  <parameter name="_display" value="normal"/>
 </entry>
</portlets>

This does not seem to be possible with the current implementation of AbstractPortlet.

Scott