From Jan Grant <Jan.Gr...@bristol.ac.uk>
Subject Status of proposals/Security.txt?
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:26:25 GMT
This looks reasonable - and timely, since I've a requirement for
something along these lines. But a quick scan of the current code
doesn't turn up anything*. What's the status of this proposal? If work
is ongoing, who do I talk to about it (since it looks like I'm going to
have to do something similar anyway)?

Cheers,
jan

* Or I'm going blind and suffering from Monday-morning-itis.

PS. Quick comment:

section 3.4.1 Authentication (Required)

What does void logout() do? If it's going to live in that interface,
surely it should be
	void logout(User user);
?

Section 3.4.5 Security Entity Maintenance (Optional)

There seems to be a disparity in the RoleManagement interface - should
grantRole, revokeRole both pass User objects or username Strings? If the
former, GroupManagement needs to be brought into line (or both
calls added).

Thanks in advance.

Theory and practice _are_ the same thing. In theory.