From "Weaver, Scott" <Swea...@rippe.com>
Subject RE: Question on Muliple portlet instance behavior
Date Thu, 27 Jun 2002 18:45:55 GMT
> Yes I'd drop the whole package. Unless we want to introduce/perpetuate
> yet another service framework.
> I prefer we do not do that at this time, and continue with the Turbine
> service framework for now

I agree, it will then be more Turbine-esque that way.   Plus it will be
easier to manage/understand.  I currently have some personal issues with
fulcrum, so I want to start this out as a coupled service.

The change shouldn't be to invasive as it appears the only classes using the
ServiceFactory are AbstractPortlet and CustomizeAction.  Does this sound
right, or should I look deeper?

New package name suggestion: org.apache.jetspeed.services.persistence
Is this kewl?

I'm going to start out simple at first, probably just passing in a portlet,
attribute name, and RunData to  getter and setter methods and returning the
attribute in question.

Scott

 The