From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/ser vices/statemanager BaseStateManagerService.java JetspeedHttpStateManagerS ervice.java JetspeedStateManagerService.java
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 04:06:57 GMT
Paul, Developers,

I ran tests of these services before I checked them in, and we are using
them in our project.  I don't have time right now to create proper
check-in-able unit tests, but could do so later.

These are tricky to test, as they must be run within a running server with
an active servlet container providing http sessions; tests require two
different sessions and actual http requests coming in... I also need to
expire an http session in the tests... I'd be interested to see how this can
be unit tested.

I tested it by writing a portlet that will invoke tests against the service
- which I can run from two different browsers so as to get the two different
sessions...

Anyway, there's something fishy about the JetspeedHttpStateManagerService,
although it passed all my tests!  It doesn't seem to provide the state
information created by on servlet to another servlet, even though they
should be in the same session.  Haven't tracked this one down yet.

I'll resolve that before I enable it as the default for Jetspeed (which is
my plan) and start to change parts of jetspeed to use this service.

- Glenn