From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: BaseProfileLocator SecurityServiceRegistered question
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 09:06:54 GMT
David Sean Taylor wrote:

>I think we can safely assume that there will always be a security
>service registered.

Thanks. I will modify my code to remove this if, then.

>If there isn't one, Jetspeed throws exceptions during aggregation and
>portlets all produce content with exceptions. I know, I recently tried
>this.
>In the security_14 branch, I just checked in a 'nosecurity'
>implementation of authorization (access controller).
>It always returns true for all permission checks.

If the methods of this "no-op" access controller are declared final, the
VM will inline them, and thus if will be very fast.

>Please give it a try when you get a chance. I hope to finish the
>security branch by this weekend.
>At that point, I would like to merge it to main with everyone's approval
>of course...

I'm still finishing the integration of my patches. I will take a look to
your code, and help merging it to get a good security implementation,

>Anyway, IMO, I don't really see the need for the code below
>(SecurityServiceRegistered)

I'll kill it. :-)