From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject BaseProfileLocator SecurityServiceRegistered question
Date Fri, 14 Jun 2002 10:48:09 GMT
I wonder which is the intention of this code:

            if (SecurityServiceRegistered())
                this.setUser( JetspeedSecurity.getAnonymousUser() );
            else
            {
                // warning: this ties us to turbine security
                // we could load class from TRP
                // (services.SecurityService.user.class)
                User user = new BaseJetspeedUser();
                user.setUserName("anon");
                this.setUser(user);
            }

In particular, I imagine two things:

- It could be oriented to prevent errors during initialization
- It could be oriented to run Jetspeed without Turbine Security in place
(i.e. for an Anonymous unprotected Portal)

Can anybody bring some light here? Google does not find
"SecurityServiceRegistered". Can I apply for a prize? :-)

Regards,
     Santiago