From Jason Novotny <jdnovo...@lbl.gov>
Subject how does jetspeed/turbine render portlets
Date Sun, 09 Jun 2002 12:17:21 GMT
Hi,

    I would like to write my own "jetspeed-lite" which encompasses the
MVC design of Turbine and the portlet framework in Jetspeed but I'm
still trying to figure out how everything fits together. I realize that
what I need is a UML sequence diagram explaining the steps involved in
the rendering process. From the Turbine docs/code I see that the
TurbineServlet execs a Page object which in turn execs an Action object
if the "action" tag sent by the browser is non null. Then a Layout
object gets exec'ed which in turn does an eval of the Layout, Navigator
and Screen objects. But how does this interface with the portlets?
    For starters I would like to just render say 4 portlets which are 4
individual JSP pages in a 2 x 2 grid on the screen, Could someone
explain the sequence for how this would work with Jetspeed?

    Thanks very much, Jason