From Chris Kimpton <kimptoc_m...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: WML problems...
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 23:48:21 GMT
Hi,

--- "Cabio, Michelle (Michelle)" <cabio@avaya.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to simply print out a txt msg to a WAP device on the
> Open wave simulator...
>
> My portlet looks like this....and it gives the following error
> after login...
>
> No translator for content-type: text/html
> sometimes it gives
> Translation failed for content-type: text/vnd.wap.wml
>
> Any pointers on how to fix this problem??

[snip]

>                 String text = new StringBuffer()
>                .append("<?xml version='1.0'?>")
>                .append("<!DOCTYPE wml PUBLIC '-//WAPFORUM//DTD WML
> 1.1//EN' 'http://www.wapforum.org/DTD/wml_1.1.xml'>")
>                .append("<wml>")

Are you using the default jetspeed config of controllers/controls?

I believe they wrap the portlet output in the <wml> elements - so you
only need to return a card in your portlet.

You should be able to see the wml returned by jetspeed in the
OpenWave DOS window - does that look correct to you?

I also tried the nokia simulator - its shows more info on the wml
returned (although it seemed buggy to me), that might help.

I assume you have the basics like the anon psml returning your
portlet and your portlet is configured in an xreg file with support
for media-type wml...

>                .append("<card id='card1' title='Card 1'>")
>                .append("<p>HELLO! CAN U SEE ME?</p>")
>                .append("</card>")
>                .append("</wml>")
>                .toString()