From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Question on Muliple portlet instance behavior
Date Fri, 28 Jun 2002 18:44:25 GMT
Scott,

I don't like the naming of PersistentPor(t)let.
I think what we are really working with are portlet instances. Why not
call it 'PortletInstance'.
Would also recommend moving PortletInstance interface into
org.apache.jetspeed.portal package.

Then given a portlet, you could get back an instance:

PortletInstance pi = portlet.getInstance();
String attribute = pi.getAttribute(name);
etc

Do you have any unit tests for the service?
If not, I would be glad to write one.

So do you want me to take it from here?
I can do this:

1. change interface name and package to
org.apache.jetspeed.portal.PortletInstance
2. clean up the code a bit
3. write the unit tests
4. remove old persistence code
5. modify all existing code to use the new service
6. check it in

This is great. This refactoring has been long overdue. Thanks Scott!

David