From "Glenn R. Golden" <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Re: Connection between JSR 168, JetSpeed and IBM?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 23:26:32 GMT
But can't we just get the Portlet API committee to give us early
versions of the API to implement and test out?  I'm willing to do this
work.  I really don't want to make a big change in the API and then do
it again in 6 months or sooner!  That's just too much work, but more
importantly, too much mental work to a) figure out what's going on now,
b) make one drastic change, then c) make another.  This is hard enough
without all this movement.

I've been counting on the API process to give us an official "Portlet"
API to use, making Jetspeed interchangeable with the commercial packages
(if they choose to come on board), and the reference implementation, and
the "open source" implementation of choice.

I'd like to promote the new API sooner, too.  I just to make sure it's
the right, official one.

- Glenn