From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject StateManager Proposal, revision 1.2
Date Fri, 03 May 2002 15:23:39 GMT
Fellow Jetspeed Developers -

I have updated the StateManager proposal:

proposals/StateManager.txt

I encourage you to read it and discuss it here.

I have also checked in the first implementation of this proposal, including
changes that integrate the work into Jetspeed in:

- JetspeedRunData and the DefaultJetspeedRunData
- TurbineResources.properties

There's a new services directory called "statemanager" with the API and
implementation.

The work builds, is mostly completed, and has a few things left to do.  It
is somewhat tested, not yet unit tested nor tutorialized nor exampled as
called for in the proposal. I will be using it in all our CHEF development
here, completing the implementation and the proposed activities over the
near term.

Notably missing is the automatic cleanup of expired state as called for in
the proposal.  Other than this, work items 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 are
completed.

I welcome your comments and suggestions.  Feel free to use the code - but
consider it Alpha at this stage, subject to drastic change in API and
implementation as we work out the best use of it and discuss it here.

Thanks!

- Glenn