From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject Clarification on voting / decision making
Date Wed, 01 May 2002 16:28:40 GMT
I'm looking at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/site/decisions.html

And seeing how Apache voting works.  It' not clear to me when we need
"consensus approval", "majority approval" or just "lazy approval". For
example, what do we require for a proposal, such as the StateManager
proposal?

Also, The "3 binding +1 votes" required - that would include the proposing
committer's own vote for a proposal, right?

So, with that counting, the StateManager proposal would have passed with 3
+1 votes (David, Chris and myself), one vote of support from a developer,
and no negatives.  Right?

- Glenn