From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: Subject: Re: jetspeed -> turbine3 script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 16:00:31 GMT
Hi Christiaan,

Im not ready to drop Torque yet.
I would like to see Torque generated objects connecting to an
ObjectBridge backend.
I believe Martin was working on it. Not sure what the status is there.
In the long run JDO + ObjectBridge would be a possibility.

> Have you already implemented a new security system with
> objectbridge? Or are you using this new service for storing
> the "org.apache.jetspeed.om.registry.base."
> If not I would be very interested, even if it still very beta (alpha?)

No, I haven't implemented security with ObjectBridge.
Started writing a Registry service on top of ObjectBridge.
Its not yet completed.

Im writing a proposal for a new Jetspeed security system based on JAAS.
But first I'd like to meet the immediate needs of getting Jetspeed
converting to Turbine-3.
In doing so, it would be best to keep the old security model provided by
Fulcrum.

Anyway, Im +1 on converting over to Turbine-3 immediately.
I've starting working on it, and will report back my findings, then we
can all decide if its worthwhile.

Christiaan, thanks for getting this rolling, I still may need your help,

David