From "ckl" <christi...@tenklooster.com>
Subject jetspeed -> turbine3 script
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 07:59:56 GMT
As I am the guy Jason was talking about, using jetspeed with turbine3, I
will supply
some code that I wrote to help me restructure the jetspeed code.

To be able to use always use the latest jetspeed sources I wrote this simple
script to convert the source files:
http://www.dacelo.nl/dacelo/docs/scripts/convert.py
Usage:
1. make a copy of the jetspeed source dir
2. copy the script to this dir
3. install python (shame on you if you need to do this)
4. type "python convert.py"

This will convert namespaces and some other references (covers about 50% of
all changes).
After this servives need to be rewritten this way:
Extend BaseService and add an "init()" method , deprecating/removing the
"init (ServletConfig)".

This script was written for jetspeed, but could become a general script for
converting turbine2 to turbine3 apps.
If anyone is interested I will try to maintain this file until the next
jetspeed release using turbine3.

I would like to know if there will be a seperate repository for turbine3
code and when this will become available.
There is a lot of jetspeed code that can benefit from the new turbine3
features.

You can mail me for further questions,
Christiaan ten Klooster