From Endre StĂžlsvik <En...@Stolsvik.com>
Subject Re: Connection between JSR 168, JetSpeed and IBM?
Date Mon, 06 May 2002 13:08:55 GMT
| >| Easiest way to get an "historical perspective" on this subject is to
| >| browse the Jetspeed mailing-list
| >| archives from October 2000 to March 2001, you should get most of the
| >| conversations that
| >| occurred about this API. (look mainly for the Portlet API thread...)
| >
| >I can't seem to find archives for that old messages anywhere. The
covalent
| >archives are apparently down or something. The mbox archives @
| >http://jakarta.apache.org/mail/jetspeed-dev/ start at March 2001. Google
| >doesn't give me any hints. Were the lists called something else at that
| >time?
| >

| Yes, it's true. At that time the maiiling-list was
| jetspeed@list.working-dogs.com.
| You can find the archive at:
|
| http://www.mail-archive.com/jetspeed@list.working-dogs.com/

This archive apparently doesn't go earlier than 2000-12-31, that is, new
years 2000/2001! Do you have any idea where October 2000 to 2000-12-31 are?

(Basically, what I'm wondering about is the IBM involvment. The german dudes
from IBM's "pervasive computing division", are they primarily involved with
Jetspeed in a professional or private setting? It seems like it at some
point definately turned professional, since IBM WebSphere Portal implements
the proposed Portlet API. But did it start out professional too? In
addition, I wonder about the Porlet API as a whole. Is basically a
contribution from IBM, or is it developed as a truly joint effort between
Apache's Jetspeed group and IBM?)

Thanks a lot!

Endre.