From "Setera, Craig" <Craig.Set...@Kingland.com>
Subject RE: Moving the registry service directory
Date Mon, 29 Apr 2002 19:24:39 GMT
>For your concrete problem, use an absolute path. According to the java
>spec, all absolute paths starts with path.separator (however it is
>really called), even those in Windows. So, use "/c:/../...." or
>"\c:\...\..."

Although this seems to make sense, it does not appear to work.  With the
following
settings:

services.Registry.directory=\c:\jetspeed\registry
services.Registry.mapping=\c:\jetspeed\registry\registry.xml

I'm seeing essentially the same errors in the log:

[14:07:34,869 DEBUG] Loading mapping file
c:\sources\workspace\dev-portal\webApplication\c:\jetspeed\registry\registry
.xml
[14:07:34,879 ERROR]
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException: Mapping not found or
not a file or unreadable:
c:\sources\workspace\dev-portal\webApplication\c:\jetspeed\registry\registry
.xml
	at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.registry.CastorRegistryService.init(CastorRegis
tryService.java:374)

Anybody have other thoughts on how to get around this?  It appears that
calling getRealPath() with basically any string (I've tried "/c:/..." and
"file:/c:/...") results in a "relative" filename to the servlet context
path.  If this is the case, do we need to consider doing something else to
allow deployments to place registry files outside the web application file
structure?

Thanks,
Craig