From Santiago Gala <sg...@hisitech.com>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-jetspeed/src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/cache/disk JetspeedDiskCache.java
Date Fri, 26 Apr 2002 16:02:50 GMT
sgala@apache.org wrote:

>sgala       02/04/25 11:40:22
>
>  Modified:    src/java/org/apache/jetspeed/cache/disk
>                        JetspeedDiskCache.java
>  Log:
>  This is a hack for the race condition we have been experiencing.

By the Way, I noticed it due to the excessive logging patched in recently.

The way configuration of cache is handled, it will log a INFO message
(saying that it is creating a cache, which is not true) on every cache
access. This means a lot of logging.

Instead, the equivalent. block of code should be inside the constructor.
I know it is tricky, since I gave it a quick look yesterday with no
results, but frankly, if we are not able to do it better, I would remove
this configurability.

So, thanks for the patch, but I would prefer if the configuration of the
logging is outside of the main execution path, as it currently means a
lot of extra code for every instance access.

As there are more changes planned for the cache, it could be integrated
there.

Also, if people still sees the "Lock" on a quikck first request, please
report, since this means that was not the whole of it :-)