From "David Sean Taylor" <da...@bluesunrise.com>
Subject RE: turbine and ojb
Date Tue, 02 Apr 2002 22:12:47 GMT
>From the 1.0 spec:

"The exception philosophy of JDO is to treat all exceptions as runtime
exceptions.
This preservers the transparency of the interface to the degree
possible, allowing the user to choose to catch specific exception only
when required by the application"

JDO implementers are required to wraps underlying datastore exceptions
as JDOExceptions.

JDOExceptions are unchecked. This doesn't stop you from catching the
exception, but when you look at the interfaces at does appear lacking.
I don't believe there is a lack of exceptions, there are around ten
subclasses of JDOException.