From Glenn Golden <ggol...@umich.edu>
Subject RE: Jetspeed Proposal: iframe portlet control
Date Thu, 07 Mar 2002 17:27:43 GMT

Action Item: Fix maximize (etc.) to use the portlet id.  That frees us to
use "portlet" as in:
/jetspeed/portal/portlet/22 (if we want to).

> Portlet.getID()
> PortletSet.getID()
> Control.getID()

Does that mean we have a Portlet.getControl().getId(), to get the id that
would display the portlet with control?

> See above (All controls and controllers and portlets should
> be modified
> to use the portlet id to reference.)
> Still a lot of work on completely switching over to portlet ids.
> For example, we need to be able to put two HelloVelocity
> portlets on the
> same page, and see them function correctly....

Is Jetspeed officially using Velocity for "internals", such as screens, page
layouts, controllers and controls?  Or do we need to support a JSP internal
version of Jetspeed and a Velocity internal version.  I don't see why we
need the jsp for internals if we have velocity. Jsp is still available for
portlets.

- Glenn